On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 04:17:58PM +0900, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> > I'm not sure I'm doing the right thing. CTRL-SHIFT-home is not a click, and
> > is slow. How do you get the tab display?
>
> it's ALWAYs there top-right overlayed on the terminal. 4 squares in the
> top-right with numbers next to them. you have to click on that to get the tab
> switcher up... ctrl+shift+home is the same as clicking on this overlayed tab
> status.

Aah, so it looks like my terminology build is either too old or bad.
I have 0.3.0-1 built by John.

I do see a few errors from it, not sure if "can't load module generic" is bad.
ERR<12975>:emotion-generic emotion_generic.c:111 _get_player() no generic
player found, given name=''
ERR<12975>:emotion emotion_smart.c:312 _emotion_module_open() Unable to load
module: generic
ERR<12975>:terminology media.c:653 _type_mov_init() can't init emotion module
'(null)'

> > What you say is great if you only use 2-3 terminals. Not if you have 20+ :)
>
> http://www.enlightenment.org/ss/e-5247cd8dc72e51.27936288.png
>
> top-right. the 4 squares, numbers (2/4 means i'm looking at tab 2 out of 4
> total) and the orange 1 is the # of terminals wanting attention right now.
> WHEN
> you click on the top-right square icon OR hit ctrl+shift+home you get the tab
> display and term titles, content and terms wanting attention (with the red
> siren) are displayed:

Thanks for the screenshot. I indeed do not see this in my terminal, hence my
confusion.

> ones what whav titles and content and want attention - so it's one extra step,
> but the summary is there at all times using no extra screen space as it's
> small
> and overlayed.

This is indeed good for my needs. Now I just need to see why it's not
displaying on my laptop :)

Is there a chance it's due to my Xorg config? I do have
        Option  "AIGLX" "on"
        Option          "Composite"     "Enable"

Xorg 7.7 on debian/testing.

What would you say: bad build, or some other config problem?

Thanks,
Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/