On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 17:41:08 +0100 (CET)
Pavel Reznicek <rezni...@ipnp.troja.mff.cuni.cz> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>   these are dependencies that I have found needed for E18 (+all the
>needed EFL etc. libraries) to compile on debian Jessie:
>
>  automake
>  autopoint
>  cdbs
>  check
>  cvs
>  debhelper (>= 7.0.50~)
>  doxygen
>  eject
>  gettext
>  libasound2-dev
>  libblkid-dev
>  libbluetooth-dev
>  libbullet-dev (>= 2.81)
>  libc6-dev
>  libcurl4-gnutls-dev
>  libdbus-1-dev
>  libfontconfig1-dev
>  libfreetype6-dev
>  libfribidi-dev
>  libgif-dev
>  libgles2-mesa-dev
>  libglib2.0-dev
>  libglu1-mesa-dev
>  libgstreamer0.10-dev
>  libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-dev
>  libharfbuzz-dev
>  libibus-1.0-dev
>  libjpeg-dev
>  liblua5.2-dev
>  libmount-dev
>  libopenjpeg-dev
>  libpixman-1-dev
>  libpng12-dev
>  libpoppler-dev
>  libpoppler-private-dev
>  libpulse-dev
>  libraw-dev
>  librsvg2-dev
>  libscim-dev
>  libsndfile1-dev
>  libspectre-dev
>  libssl-dev
>  libsystemd-daemon-dev
>  libsystemd-journal-dev
>  libtiff5-dev
>  libtool
>  libudev-dev
>  libvlccore-dev
>  libvlc-dev
>  libwayland-dev
>  libwebp-dev
>  libx11-dev
>  libxcb1-dev
>  libxcb-composite0-dev
>  libxcb-damage0-dev
>  libxcb-dpms0-dev
>  libxcb-icccm4-dev
>  libxcb-image0-dev
>  libxcb-keysyms1-dev
>  libxcb-randr0-dev
>  libxcb-render-util0-dev
>  libxcb-screensaver0-dev
>  libxcb-shape0-dev
>  libxcb-sync-dev
>  libxcb-util0-dev
>  libxcb-xfixes0-dev
>  libxcb-xinerama0-dev
>  libxcb-xprint0-dev
>  libxcb-xtest0-dev
>  libxcomposite-dev
>  libxcursor-dev
>  libxdamage-dev
>  libxext-dev
>  libxfixes-dev
>  libxine-dev
> [...]

I try to either bottom post or inline to mailing lists. It's always been
the proper way to keep threads readable, and indeed it's still
demanded on most lists. If that's a faux pas here, please advise.

Anyway, Pavel, great dep list. I've tagged it for when I eventually
upgrade.

Marjan, if you're using fglrx, don't. Use the OSS radeon driver for
sure. fglrx has tons of issues in my experience, and that may just fix
it. Also, install 'apt-file' to help identify packages that a particular
file may be a part of. It's been priceless to me in the past.

you run:
'apt-file update' after you've run 'apt-get update' to update it's
index, then run 'apt-file search <filename>' to get a list of packages
that filename exists in.

--
Regards,
Christopher Barry