On 02/18/2014 12:08 PM, Florian Schaefer wrote:
> On 18.02.2014 12:22, P Purkayastha wrote:
> [...]
>> Latest git has got window focus issues. Stay away from git if you want
>> stable software. Most stable is the latest e17 release. I would hold e18
>> releases as next in stability.
>
> But then people are also writing "don't use e17, it's old as hell". ;-)
> Well, I actually used it since the famous days hell froze over. And
> always from cvs/svn/git (or whatever the repro manager of the year was
> called). So I am used to things breaking once in a while...

Well, I would say that those people do not appreciate a stable desktop.
:) I prefer old and stable over new and wonky any time. At this point of
time, I simply use things which work reliably for months without
breaking. e17 from svn was like that, with only occasional breakage once
or twice a year. e18 and e19 are less stable in that respect.