On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 01:47:30PM +1000, Dave wrote:
>  What happens if you manually try to install emotion-generic-players, and
> then do the enlightenment install?
>
>  i.e apt-get install emotion-generic-players
>
>  or alternately:
>  wget
> http://vin-dit.org/~jholland/newrepo/dists/stable/main/binary-amd64/unknown/emotion-generic-players_1.8.0-1_amd64.deb
>  dpkg -i emotion-generic-players_1.8.0-1_amd64.deb

Good point, I should have given that output too

legolas:~# apt-get install emotion-generic-players
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 emotion-generic-players : Depends: libvlc-dev (>= 2.0.3-5) but it is not going
to be installed

TL;DR: I had a full dependency chains that was causing problems. I had
to manually remove e17 and the many packages it came with for things to
work.
I'm up with e18 now, thanks.

Marc

Details:

legolas:~# apt-get install libvlc-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 libvlc-dev : Depends: libvlc5 (= 1:2.1.4-dmo1) but 2.0.3-4 is to be installed

Ok, I removed debian-multimedia and now get:
egolas:~# apt-get install libvlc-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 libvlc-dev : Depends: libvlc5 (= 2.1.2-2+b3) but 2.0.3-4 is to be installed

Mmmh, I had to work this out all the way to
legolas:~# apt-get install libvlc5 libvlccore7 vlc-data
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  akonadi-backend-mysql akonadi-server digikam-private-libs
  kde-wallpapers-default kdelibs-bin kdelibs5-data kdepimlibs-kio-plugins
  kdoctools libakonadi-kcal4 libakonadi-kde4 libakonadi-kmime4 libakonadi-notes4
  libakonadiprotocolinternals1 libavutil52 libflac++6 libgps21 libgtkglext1
  libical1 libkabc4 libkactivities6 libkalarmcal2 libkcal4 libkcalcore4
  libkcalutils4 libkcmutils4 libkdeclarative5 libkdecore5 libkdesu5 libkdeui5
  libkdewebkit5 libkdnssd4 libkemoticons4 libkexiv2-11 libkexiv2-data
  libkfile4 libkholidays4 libkhtml5 libkidletime4 libkimap4 libkio5 libkjsapi4
  libkjsembed4 libkldap4 libkmbox4 libkmediaplayer4 libkmime4 libknewstuff2-4
  libknewstuff3-4 libknotifyconfig4 libkntlm4 libkparts4 libkpimidentities4
  libkpimtextedit4 libkpimutils4 libkprintutils4 libkpty4 libkresources4
  libkrosscore4 libkrossui4 libktexteditor4 libkutils4 libkxmlrpcclient4
  liblensfun0 libmailtransport4 libmarblewidget16 libmicroblog4
  libnepomuk4 libnepomukquery4a libnepomukutils4 libopencv-calib3d2.4
  libopencv-contrib2.4 libopencv-core2.4 libopencv-features2d2.4
  libopencv-flann2.4 libopencv-highgui2.4 libopencv-imgproc2.4 libopencv-ml2.4
  libopencv-objdetect2.4 libopencv-video2.4 libpgf6 libphonon4
  libphononexperimental4 libplasma3 libproxy-tools libproxy1 libqextserialport1
  libquazip0 libshp2 libsolid4 libthreadweaver4 marble-data
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  braindump browser-plugin-vlc calligra-libs calligraauthor calligraflow
  calligraplan calligrasheets calligrastage calligrawords digikam-doc dolphin
  filelight k3b k3b-i18n k9copy karbon kde-runtime kdebase-bin kdebase-runtime
  kdelibs5-plugins kdepim-runtime kdm kexi kfind khelpcenter4 kipi-plugins
  konqueror konqueror-nsplugins libakonadi-calendar4 libakonadi-contact4 libk3b6
  libk3b6-extracodecs libkcddb4 libkde3support4 libkonq-common libkonq5abi1
  libreoffice-kde libvlccore5 marble marble-plugins mplayerthumbs okteta phonon
  phonon-backend-vlc python-kde4 vlc vlc-nox vlc-plugin-notify vlc-plugin-pulse
  digikam-private-libs kde-wallpapers-default libavutil52 libgps21
  libgtkglext1 libical1 libmarblewidget16 libopencv-calib3d2.4
  libopencv-contrib2.4 libopencv-core2.4 libopencv-features2d2.4
  libopencv-flann2.4 libopencv-highgui2.4 libopencv-imgproc2.4 libopencv-ml2.4
  libopencv-objdetect2.4 libopencv-video2.4 libpgf6 libphononexperimental4
  libproxy-tools libproxy1 libqextserialport1 libquazip0 libshp2 libvlccore7

Argh, this is worrisome, kdm removed, marble, k3b, and more.

Ok debian problem at this point, I worked it out
legolas:~# apt-get install terminology enlightenment
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  libdvbpsi7 libkworkspace4 libmarblewidget13 libmusicbrainz4c2a
  e17-data emotion-generic-players evas-generic-loaders libbulletcollision2.81
libbulletdynamics2.81 libbulletfileloader2.81
  libbulletsoftbody2.81 libbulletworldimporter2.81
libbulletxmlworldimporter2.81 libconvexdecomposition2.81 libefl libelementary
  libgimpactutils2.81 libhacd2.81 liblinearmath2.81 libtinyxml2.6.2 libvlc-dev
rdfind symlinks
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  e17
  emotion-generic-players enlightenment libbulletcollision2.81
libbulletdynamics2.81 libbulletfileloader2.81 libbulletsoftbody2.81
  libbulletworldimporter2.81 libbulletxmlworldimporter2.81
libconvexdecomposition2.81 libefl libelementary libgimpactutils2.81 libhacd2.81
  liblinearmath2.81 libtinyxml2.6.2 libvlc-dev rdfind symlinks
  e17-data evas-generic-loaders terminology

Microsoft is to operating systems ....
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/