On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 00:54:05 +0800
P Purkayastha <ppu...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 1:23 PM, Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>> On Wednesday 30 Jul 2014 01:37:13 P Purkayastha wrote:
>>>     Installed versions:  10.0.4(12:16:49 AM 04/11/2014)(classic egl
>>> gallium nptl xvmc -bindist -debug -gbm -gles1 -gles2 -llvm
>>> -llvm-shared-libs -opencl -openvg -osmesa -pax_kernel -pic
>>> -r600-llvm-compiler -selinux -vdpau -wayland -xa ABI_MIPS="-n32 -n64
>>> -o32" ABI_X86="64 -32 -x32" KERNEL="-FreeBSD" VIDEO_CARDS="intel
>>> -freedreno -i915 -i965 -ilo -nouveau -r100 -r200 -r300 -r600 -radeon
>>> -radeonsi -vmware")
>>
>> Shouldn't you have i965 also set in VIDEO_CARDS?
>
>Excellent! Thank you! This fixes the problems I have been having on my
>system. It is really very weird why "intel" is present as is. There
>should have been something more descriptive put in its place.
>
>Hardware acceleration, glx, accelerated video, e17 had all been
>working fine till now so I never suspected my VIDEO_CARDS setting. I
>don't play games, otherwise I might have noticed this anomaly earlier.

Hi,

I have a radeon hd 7850 card, and keep getting errors about OpenGL if
I try to select it in the e settings, and am forced to use the software
setting as opposed to the opengl setting.

The software setting seems to work fairly well, but I'm wondering if
I'm not really using the hardware of my card correctly. I use blender a
lot, and it does lag quite a bit with hi-poly meshes.

I use the opensource radeon driver. Could this be a similar issue? If
so, how did you change the VIDEO_CARDS setting, and more importantly,
what the hell should I look for and what should I try?

Is this setting a configure parameter, and will I need to compile e
from source? I'm using the enlightenment package from sid now.

Thanks!

--
Regards,
Christopher Barry