On 11/12/2014 09:29 AM, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Nov 2014 07:58:45 -0500 mh <mhe...@member.fsf.org> said:

>>> ooooh. you compiled for egl/gles not opengl/glx. i can only guess hat the
>>> nvidia drivers have a problem with this for you - you can something wrong
>>> with them. nvidia ADDED egl/gles libs/drivers recently. they work for me
>>> for apps when i was fixing some context/visual stuff 2 weeks back. i build
>>> for egl/gles as well as opengl/glx on nvidia - ut my drivers were newer
>>> than yours. why are you building for gles? (efl here). but thats a major
>>> difference. i know 100% for sure that the mesa drivers work with gles/egl
>>> and enlightenment and compositing is fine, but i didnt test nvidia at the
>>> time, but clients do work there on newer nvidia drivers.
>> hmm. i didn't knowingly build for gles instead of opengl/glx. not sure
>> how to do that. was that during the efl build? debian has 343.22 in
> efl build. efl builds for glx/opengl normally unless it has no choice or is
> told to use gles/egl. so go check. but switch back to opengl/glx and
> you'll be fine. your issue there is that lierally the egl/gles nidia drives
> are
> refusing to work for you (window/context creation fails)

so it looks like this indicates the problem, from the configure output
for the efl build?

checking whether to enable OpenGL Cocoa rendering backend... no
checking whether OpenGL Cocoa rendering backend will be built... no
checking whether to enable OpenGL SDL rendering backend... no
checking whether OpenGL SDL rendering backend will be built... no
checking whether to enable Software GDI rendering backend... no
checking whether Software GDI rendering backend will be built... no
checking whether to enable Software DirectDraw rendering backend... no
checking whether Software DirectDraw rendering backend will be built... no
checking whether to enable Wayland Egl rendering backend... no
checking whether Wayland Egl rendering backend will be built... no
checking whether to enable Wayland Shm rendering backend... no
checking whether Wayland Shm rendering backend will be built... no
checking whether to enable Drm rendering backend... no
checking whether Drm rendering backend will be built... no
checking whether to enable OpenGL Drm rendering backend... no
checking whether OpenGL Drm rendering backend will be built... no
checking whether to build Software XCB Engine... no
checking whether to enable Software Xlib rendering backend... yes