On 11/12/2014 12:55 PM, mh wrote:
> On 11/12/2014 09:29 AM, Carsten Haitzler wrote:

>>> hmm. i didn't knowingly build for gles instead of opengl/glx. not sure
>>> how to do that. was that during the efl build? debian has 343.22 in
>> efl build. efl builds for glx/opengl normally unless it has no choice
>> or is
>> told to use gles/egl. so go check. but switch back to opengl/glx and
>> you'll be fine. your issue there is that lierally the egl/gles nidia
>> drives are
>> refusing to work for you (window/context creation fails)
>>

> so it looks like this indicates the problem, from the configure output
> for the efl build?
>
> checking whether to enable OpenGL Cocoa rendering backend... no
> checking whether OpenGL Cocoa rendering backend will be built... no
> checking whether to enable OpenGL SDL rendering backend... no
> checking whether OpenGL SDL rendering backend will be built... no
> checking whether to enable Software GDI rendering backend... no
> checking whether Software GDI rendering backend will be built... no
> checking whether to enable Software DirectDraw rendering backend... no
> checking whether Software DirectDraw rendering backend will be
> built... no
> checking whether to enable Wayland Egl rendering backend... no
> checking whether Wayland Egl rendering backend will be built... no
> checking whether to enable Wayland Shm rendering backend... no
> checking whether Wayland Shm rendering backend will be built... no
> checking whether to enable Drm rendering backend... no
> checking whether Drm rendering backend will be built... no
> checking whether to enable OpenGL Drm rendering backend... no
> checking whether OpenGL Drm rendering backend will be built... no
> checking whether to build Software XCB Engine... no
> checking whether to enable Software Xlib rendering backend... yes

solved! I found this thread started by Wido earlier this year where he
had the same problem:
http://sourceforge.net/p/enlightenment/mailman/message/32164668/

in that thread Wido mentioned having to install libgl-mesa-dev . i could
not find that, but i found that i did not have libgl1-mesa-dev (v.
10.3.2-1) installed. after installing that, and rebuilding everything, i
no longer receive the opengl warning after starting enlightenment.

thanks for your help raster!