How do I change the size of the arrow cursor in e17?

In Settings > All > Preferences there are TWO options:
"Mouse & Touchpad" and "Mouse and Touchpad". The first takes you to the
Xubuntu config, which is useless; the second is the Enlightenment
settings, where you can change the cursor size and theme, but it has no
effect whatsoever: the cursor stays exactly the same size.

Is there a way to edit a config file somewhere to force the change?

In testing this, half my shelf icons have now disappeared. Something in
the size setting is conflicting with the icon settings.

Does anyone know if e19 fixes any of these?

///Peter