On Sun, Apr 5, 2015 at 3:08 PM, Christopher Barry
<christopher.r.ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> if Xfig needs or uses OpenGL, don't waste your time with this option.

No, Xfig does not use OpenGL, certainly not.

>>  * Run Xfig within a VNC server on the local machine, then connect
>> with a client that supports scaling, for example [gtk-vnc][1].
>
> simple to test, but I doubt you'll be satisfied.

VNC is actually fine with client and server on the same machine.

> Try something other than Xfig?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_vector_graphics_editors

It’s not for me. The user in question has countless of Xfig generated
files, and he is used to Xfig. The nice thing about Xfig is that the
images play well with TeX. One can for example typeset formulas in TeX
syntax.