The Connection Manager module is a good replacement for the NetworkManager
applet thing. I believe Xembed support has been removed from Enlightenment
for quite a while now. I think if you can get the NetworkManager applet
built with 'appindicator' support, it *may* work in systray, though I
haven't tried this myself ( Connection Manager was easy to build and use ).

Dan