Hi,

I posted before about build problems with E19, and seem to have solved
those. For the record (and anyone searching the mailing list
archives)...
 - edje segfaults during elementary build was caused by left over
modules in /usr/local/lib/edje/. Have to run "make uninstall" in
_both_ efl and elementary source directories before building. Although
edje is installed with efl, some of its modules are installed by
elementary. These are apparently not compatible when a newer efl's
edje tries to load them.
 - constant crashing and respawning of efreetd was caused by loading
contents of a cache directory. As this was presumably first created by
E18, format change or corrupted contents were likely to blame. Nuking
the cache directory (~/.cache/efreet, i think it was) fixed this.

Anyway, with these problems solved, I decided to have a go at
enlightenment 0.20.2, with efl/elementary 1.16.1. It all works, but
i'm left with what appears to be an intermittent memory leak.

Currently I have the following status for enlightenment, having just
restarted it:

~$ ps u -p 3303
USER       PID %CPU %MEM    VSZ   RSS TTY      STAT START   TIME COMMAND
conrad    3303  5.9  1.4 790196 119480 ?       Rl   11:39   1:45
/usr/local/bin/enlightenment

Leaving this running ovenight, with pretty much just chrome and
xscreensaver running, that %MEM value went up to just over 50% some 12
hours later. Issuing "enlightenment_remote -restart" brought that
right back down to 1.2%. Then, barely some 3 hours later with more
heavy use (opening/closing windows, etc.) it was up over 80%. So much
so, that the enlightenment desktop was unresponsive except for showing
cursor movement. I had to switch to a text terminal to kill
enlightenment.

I tracked down the efreetd crashing problem by running it under gdb
and using a backtrace. I'm afraid i have no idea how to go about
finding what's causing this memory usage, though. Any suggestions for
debugging welcome! :)

Thanks,
-Conrad.

--