Just ran into a problem i've never seen before... E0.21-b has been
working fine for me so far, but today was the first time since
switching that i had to take my laptop somewhere, so i closed the lid
to suspend it. When i later opened the lid, the laptop woke up, but
the display was blank, or so i thought at first.

Near the top left corner was the cursor, apparently pointing at a
small (10 x 10 pixels, maybe?), blue-ish square. Moving my finger over
the touchpad did not move the cursor. Experimenting a little, i
realised that if i continually slid across the touchpad in the same
direction, the mouse cursor would very gradually move in that
direction.

When i got to an edge of the tiny square, the cursor would appear to
stutter, and bounce back a pixel -- edge flip! The tiny square was my
desktop, so the colour made sense, the cursor movement was scaled to
the same miniature size... it made sense. But why? And, by the way,
the cursor itself was full sized, much larger than the tiny box
itself.

No clues in any log files i could find. E responded to
enlightenment_remote (-restart didn't fix it, -exit exited cleanly and
reset the screen). X itself seems to have the correct resolution (the
cursor was the right size). I haven't had any driver issues, and
haven't changed them any time recently. Does anyone have an idea what
might be going on? As i mentioned, this is the 0.21-beta release, so
if it's a Known Problem, is there maybe a command line work-around to
use for now?

Thanks,
-Conrad.

--