I used the default location (~/Desktop) to save some screenshots (by
pressing PrtScr). Once I had edited and used them, I deleted them, but
their icons are still on my desktop even though they are no longer in
~/Desktop. See screenshot at http://oimelc.ucc.ie/desktop-screenshot.jpg

Right-click and delete gets the confirmation query, and if I click
Delete, I get the error message

"An error occurred while performing an operation. Cannot lstat
'/home/peter/Desktop/shot-2018-01-18_10-00-20.jpg': No such file or
directory"

Presumably they've been cached somewhere. 'locate' returns nothing, nor
does 'find'. Anyone know where they are?

///Peter