On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 08:45:14 +0000 Peter Flynn <pe...@silmaril.ie> said:

> I used the default location (~/Desktop) to save some screenshots (by
> pressing PrtScr). Once I had edited and used them, I deleted them, but
> their icons are still on my desktop even though they are no longer in
> ~/Desktop. See screenshot at http://oimelc.ucc.ie/desktop-screenshot.jpg
>
> Right-click and delete gets the confirmation query, and if I click
> Delete, I get the error message
>
> "An error occurred while performing an operation. Cannot lstat
> '/home/peter/Desktop/shot-2018-01-18_10-00-20.jpg': No such file or
> directory"
>
> Presumably they've been cached somewhere. 'locate' returns nothing, nor
> does 'find'. Anyone know where they are?

efm still thinks they are there. efm didn't get the "file deleted" message from
inotify? this is linux? is there something about your filesystem or kernel that
may cause linux to not deliver such notifications?

if you just right click on any icon and select "refresh view" it'll re-load the
files in the dir from scratch...

efm doesnt have any such exotic caching system for files.. its raw just reading
what is there. i have mulled the idea of having such an exotic system
though... :)

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com