So, I guess I knew why I was apprehensive about upgrading E again. I
guess I'm not lucky because each time I've done it, stuff that I do care
about, has broken.

For now, Raster already knows about the dragging windows to edge flip
not working anymore.

But more important is how when I resume from S3 sleep, I get sometimes
- very dark screen, brightness all the way down, I can't see anything,
  or hardly anything until I fix the backlight level

- things come back ok sometimes, but then my mouse cursor totally
  disappears over parts of the screen and re-appears within some
  windows, while disappearing on the background again.

The only way to fix this is to force restart E when I come back from S3
sleep :-/

- my volume gadget was removed from the bar where all the gadgets are,
  and after a while I found that a mini volume slider gets grafted onto
  some of my google-chrome windows.
  Ok, I can see how that might be useful to control per window volume,
  but this doesn't work with all apps, like xmms2.
  Also, how do I get mute for everything now?

So, the first 2 seem like new bugs, the last one seems undesirable
behaviour at best, and I haven't found how to turn it off.

Confused,
Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/                       | PGP 7F55D5F27AAF9D08