On Tue, May 08, 2018 at 05:39:19PM -0700, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> My most taxing problem is this now:
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/Sz5i3LVFYhh79d9T8
> All windows are set to stacking normal but some windows have a stacking
> so that they steal the mouse focus even tough they're underneath.
> I don't understand how that's possible.
>
> Should my mouse cursor ever be able to give focus to a window that's
> underneath the current one?

Ah yeah, I forgot this relevant info:
ii  libdrm-intel1:amd64         2.4.91-2
ii  xorg                        1:7.7+19
ii  xserver-xorg-video-intel    2:2.99.917+git20171229-1

Sadly even
saruman:~# apt-get install -t experimental xserver-xorg-video-intel
does not give me a newer xserver-xorg-video-intel. Not sure if there are bad
bugs in there that are getting in the way.
That said, my understanding was that input focus control was the WM's
job, so I'm assuming it's E's responsibility.

Correct?

Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/                       | PGP 7F55D5F27AAF9D08