On Sat, 2 Jun 2018 23:54:09 +0100 Peter Flynn <pe...@silmaril.ie> said:

> I have four desktops configured and I use Ctrl-Alt left/right to
> navigate between them. I can also do it by sliding the mouse off the
> right or left edge, but that's very rare for me.
>
> At the moment it's far too easy to accidentally go to the next desktop
> if the pointer hits the edge of the current one. It's compounded by the
> fact that the pointer automatically goes to the centre of the new
> desktop instead of the edge where it entered, making it tedious to move
> back.

ummm it should be going to the opposite edge not the center. so basically to
keep switching in that direction, you keep moving the mouse one whole screen at
a time.

> How can I make the delay time between desktops longer (much longer,
> maybe 500ms) when it's due to the mouse movement? Or perhaps make it the
> same value as the delay before raising a window, if you have auto-rais
> and focus-follows-mouse enabled. That would at least be consistent from
> a usability point of view.

under sttings -> input -> edge bindings. select each binding and modify it to
have a longer timeout. each edge can have a different timeout if you want. e.g.
make left+right easier and up/down much harder to do.

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com