I agree *totally* with point #1 and #2!

Text labels on the toolbar are much more understandable than cryptic
icons. Also, the multi-language problem has long since been solved.

Tabs should not be forced to be on top! I am convinced that Google did
this in Chrome to de-emphasize the general purpose nature of computers
and imply that the Web -- i.e., Google and their services -- was *the*
important thing.