earlier:

On Mon, 12 Mar 2018, Andrei Boros wrote:

> > Could it be that your browser is being overloaded with
> > time consuming web page scripts and/or adds?  Try adding
> > Privacy Badger and NoScript;

Rather than ad hoc experimentation, is there a way to turn on
(unix syslog style, perhaps across a UDP socket, so not
blocking any process) 'logging', to a file, or at least a
'listener', of all that FF is doing?

I would filter that 'flood' of course, so I could 'hunt down'
through traditional 'partitioning' techniques, offending
'hung' DNS lookups, local or remote scripts, and who know what
else

I ask particularly, as I will often get strange 5 min 'hangs'
when running some pages with lots of 'Web 2.0' shuttling
content back and forth behind the scenes, and _something_ is
having the far end of the conversation disappear, and not
using async callbacks.  So: blocking and stopping even
'repaint' events

Is anyone on this list aware of a way to enable such?

-- Russ herrold