On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 9:27 AM, James Pearson <jame...@moving-picture.com>
wrote:

> Mike Kaply wrote:
>

> > It will probably still exist, but it will be sandboxed back to the
> original
> > API so it can be used as intended.
>
> Not sure what you mean by 'sandboxed back to the original API' ... What
> was the original API? - and does that mean there will be things that we
> won't be able to do with Autoconfig files?

Yes, but we might keep the open API on ESR. We've discovered that
AutoConfig is started to get used by bad actors so we're looking at
mitigation.

The original Autoconfig API was mainly about setting/locking prefs. That
would be the original API.

There's a strong possibility that we might only allow that API on the main
line (rapid release).

My goal would be that anything folks need to do with Autoconfig, we would
cover in policy manager, but if there was any obscure prefs that needed to
be set, Autoconfig could still be used.

Mike