The launch services database governs this on OS X (and macOS?).  How is
Quantum interacting with it?

Jonathan S Abrams <http://nutmegcreative.com/about/team/#jonathan-abrams>

Chief Technical Engineer

Nutmeg Creative

45 West 45th Street  |  New York, NY 10036

nutmegcreative.com
<http://nutmegcreative.com/?utm_source=email%20signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Email%20Signature>
 |  212.921.8005

Apple Certified Support Professional v10.5 through v10.10