On 4.11.2019 1.30, Marco Gaiarin wrote:
Mandi! Mike Kaply
   In chel di` si favelave...

The thing that is going away is the concept of sideloading where you put
extensions in a central location and they get loaded into Firefox and the user
can't remove them (they can only disable them).

But still i'm lost trying to understand *why* of that change. Looking
at:

https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2019/10/31/firefox-to-discontinue-sideloaded-extensions/

This bit of that blog is what I disagree with:

"To give users more control over their extensions, support for sideloaded extensions will be discontinued."

That is a wrong reason to do that in corporate environment.

For corporate environment this might well be the exact opposite of what we want. Users should not be able to remove extensions we choose to deploy using sideloading (depending of the extension of course).

Biggest security and data integrity problem by a large margin in corporate environments sits between keyboard and chair. Ability to control what the user can and cannot do is paramount for any large corporate environment.

I once had to fix a computer for a user that had admin-rights for her computer and she had let her daughter to use that computer with her admin rights: result: over 200 different malwares and way over 2000 infected files. "my computer is a bit slow". Reinstall.

Timo Pietilä