On Thu, 21 Nov 2019, Dimas Streich (Informàtica Trueta) wrote:

Thx for the answers. So...

- In all cases (new versions, x32 to x64, ...) you recommend to uninstall the
actual version
prior to install the new one (so never updating).

- To migrate 52 to 68 I need to install first version 60. Is it possible to
update the profile
without user interaction or I've to install 60, wait users to open Firefox, and
after that
install 68? How can I do it with SCCM?

- To avoid problems with new profiles I need to set the MOZ_LEGACY_PROFILES.
How do you do it
with SCCM? Executing a script with a "SET MOZ_LEGACY_PROFILES=1" for example?

- Actually we use AutoConfig and I'd like to migrate to Group Policies or use
policies.json.
With AutoConfig and batch scripting it's possible to detect the Firefox version
and do different
things depending on it (for example installing one or another extensions for
compatible
reasons). Is it possible with new methods?
- Before the end of the migrating process we will have some computers with
version 52, others
with 60 and others with 68. Which problems can I have? Do you think is it
better to continue
using AutoConfig before we have all computers migrated to version 68?
- Now we've the autoconfig file (mozilla.cfg) in a shared web server, so every
computer load
before starting. If we need to change a preference is very easy, and we only
need to modify
mozilla.cfg and restart Firefox. Is it not possible to have the policies.json
file in a shared
web server like this?

Do you think this could be a good migrating process?
1. Uninstall 52 > Install 60
2. Uninstall 60 > Install 68 x64
3. Remove AutoConfig and use GPO

As I understand it, uninstalling will lose history/bookmarks.
The logical (not necessarily sensible) options (ignoring AutoConfig and GPO) are
A) Upgrade 52->60. Upgrade 60->68.
B) Uninstall 52. Install 68.

With A) you will need ff60 to run *as each user* before you upgrade to 68.
If a user uses multiple machines with different versions of firefox,
going backwards will be "interesting".

El 20/11/2019 a les 18:33, Mike Kaply ha escrit:
      Yeah, definitely need to go to 60 before 68 or you will lose
history/bookmarks
      (changes to the database).

And if you uninstall 32/reinstall 64, the directory name will be an issue
unless you use
Program Files (x86) for both.

I did add a GPO for LegacyProfiles for Windows only. Other platforms, you need
to set the
environment variable

Mike

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 8:55 AM Kris Lou via Enterprise