What about installing via
ExtensionSettings.installation_mode.force_installed, with install_url being
a local file location (like 'FF/extensions ') ?

install_url
Extensions installed from file URLs will additional be updated when their
internal version changes.

This implies that we can deploy the xpi and control versioning that way.

Kris Lou
k...@themusiclink.net