On Saturday 7/26/08 3:17 AM, "Geoff WALLACE" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "Error
>
> Connection to the server failed or was dropped.
>
> Explanation
>
> Could not retrieve mail.
>
> Account name: "xxxxxxxx"
>
> Error: -17895"

Hi Geoff!

A quick search in Google for "Entourage error 17895" and I find that Nathan
Herring with Microsoft provides this better definition of the error code:

"This is our internal error netLostConnectionErr, and is generated when
Entourage hits eofErr trying to read a network stream from the server and
expects more data to be coming. It could also be generated if, when trying
to create a connection, we (apparently) successfully authenticate, but then
the network connection closes immediately thereafter."

<http://www.eggheadcafe.com/forumarchives/macofficeentourage/Aug2005/post234
97902.asp>

The two resolutions that I read in different forums both indicated something
was wrong on the mail server side. A third resolution was to change
authentication settings.

I'm assuming you've set up your .Mac account as IMAP and that for receiving
you have none of the *none* of the advanced receiving options selected.
Correct?

--

bill

William M. Smith, Microsoft Interop MVP - Mac/Windows
Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>
Twitter: follow meck