On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 11:07:28AM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Well, we need more information (or at least I do):
> * Is 1.x still supported by upstream?

I don't think so -- the last commit to the "darktable-1.6.x" branch is
just over a year ago, Oct 21, 2015.

> * Are there any known 1.x security issues?

I don't think there are any known outstanding ones — CVE-2015-3885 was
fixed in 1.6.7.

> * Is the upgrade from 1.x to 2.x transparent for the user? ie, would
>   they have to do any manual steps to move config? or is that all done
>   by the application?

It should be transparent, but it _is_ one way — if you make any edits
in the new program, you can't go back.

> * Is the "user experence" different between 1.x and 2.x?

Eh. Judgement call. I'd say it's fundamentally the same, but there are
many differences in both functionality and look & feel.

Honestly, I think this is an example of an application which is not a
great fit for EPEL. It'd be better if we would make a Flatpak which
RHEL/CentOS users could transparently use.

--
Matthew Miller
<mat...@fedoraproject.org>