On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 05:17:01PM -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 03:04:17PM -0800, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > This is what I was trying to get to in the thread recently about
> > libssh2. However it's still not entirely clear to me.
> >
> > Does this mean if there's a package foo that is a rhel package, but not
> > in a module, that it can be overlapped with a foo package thats in a
> > epel non default module? ie, does it only mean the modular case or does
> > it mean any rpm?
>
> I don't understand the last sentence. To the first question: yes, and that
> non-default module package will only get installed if the module is
> explicitly enabled.

Consider:

1. foo rpm that is in the RHEL baseos. It's not in any module.
Can epel make a foo (non default) module that overrides it?

2. foo rpm that is in a RHEL default module.
Can epel make a foo (non default) module that overrides it?

3. foo rpm that is in a RHEL non default module.
Can epel make a foo (non default) module that overrides it?

I think we all agree 3 is fine.
I think 2 could cause problems, but perhaps it would work.
I would think 1 would be fine also.

kevin