On Tue, 2016-09-27 at 14:13 +1000, Michael Gratton wrote:
> How do the set of tags in the Add Bookmark and Bookmark Properties
> popovers scale when you have a lot? Using a scrolled window? I have
> around one hundred.

Iulian, can you answer this?

> It always confuses me that Send Link is in a context menu, rather
> than
> the header bar menu. Not many of the items in Ephy's context menu
> are
> really context-specific - most are in fact tab/page-specific.

Yeah, that's a bit confusing indeed. The logic there is that the
context menu contains both actions in the context of the page, plus
actions in the context of what you're clicking on in the page. But we
have other page-specific actions like Text Encoding and Save As Web
Application in the window menu, so it's not really consistent. Not sure
how we should handle this.

>  In fact,
> with the exception of Inspect, the only ones that are context-
> specific
> and that a non-developer would actually use (cut/copy/paste) seem to
> have been removed in the mockup. Wouldn't it be better to put
> cut/copy/paste back and move the rest to the header bar menu, where
> they are actually discoverable?

The mockup does indicate that cut/copy/paste should be in the page
context menu, but they're not pictured... hm. Anyway, certainly they
should be there; we have to have UI for them somewhere, and the window
menu isn't a good place.

Michael