In our tests for dm Server we are firing up an Equinox instance many times in
the same VM and after the first invocation (which loads Equinox types with the
app ClassLoader), our tests fail because Equinox types are loaded with an
EquinoxFWClassLoader. This behaviour cannot easily be stopped because the
FrameworkProperties.inUse() method always returns true.

The issue for us in using EquinoxFWClassLoader is that we get test failures due
to class incompatibilities. In our case, we load StateObjectFactory in the
first test run, and for that run the instance of State that the Equinox types
see is the same as those seen by StateObjectFactory. For subsequent runs,
Equinox types are loaded from the EFWCL and are not compatible with the types
that dm Server has previously loaded.

The simplest solution for us is to be able to clear the FrameworkProperties. A
better solution for us is to prevent the use of EFWCL.

Rob

--
Rob Harrop
SpringSource

Registered in England & Wales - Registration Number 5187766
Registered Office: A2 Yeoman Gate, Yeoman Way, Worthing, West Sussex, BN13 3QZ,
UK

This e-mail and any attachments transmitted with it are strictly confidential
and intended solely for the person or entity to whom they are addressed.
Unauthorised use, copying, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you
receive this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately and then
delete it along with any attachments. E-mails should be checked by the
recipient to ensure that there are no viruses and Interface21 does not accept
any responsibility if this is not done. Any views or opinions presented are
Interface21.