  From:       Rob  Harrop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

  To:         equinox-dev <equinox-dev@eclipse.org>

  Date:       11/03/2008 11:52 AM

  Subject:    [equinox-dev] ClassLoader incompatibilities due to
EquinoxFWClassLoader

In our tests for dm Server we are firing up an Equinox instance many times
in the same VM and after the first invocation (which loads Equinox types
with the app ClassLoader), our tests fail because Equinox types are loaded
with an EquinoxFWClassLoader. This behaviour cannot easily be stopped
because the FrameworkProperties.inUse() method always returns true.

The issue for us in using EquinoxFWClassLoader is that we get test failures
due to class incompatibilities. In our case, we load StateObjectFactory in
the first test run, and for that run the instance of State that the Equinox
types see is the same as those seen by StateObjectFactory. For subsequent
runs, Equinox types are loaded from the EFWCL and are not compatible with
the types that dm Server has previously loaded.

The simplest solution for us is to be able to clear the
FrameworkProperties. A better solution for us is to prevent the use of
EFWCL.

Rob

--
Rob Harrop
SpringSource

Registered in England & Wales - Registration Number 5187766
Registered Office: A2 Yeoman Gate, Yeoman Way, Worthing, West Sussex, BN13
3QZ, UK

This e-mail and any attachments transmitted with it are strictly
confidential and intended solely for the person or entity to whom they are
addressed. Unauthorised use, copying, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error please notify the sender
immediately and then delete it along with any attachments. E-mails should
be checked by the recipient to ensure that there are no viruses and
Interface21 does not accept any responsibility if this is not done. Any
views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Interface21.

<<inline: graycol.gif>>

<<inline: ecblank.gif>>