In the IDE, this works directly: In "Install new software", you can use the P2
profile directory inside of another Eclipse installation as your repository
location and install from there. E.g.
<eclipse>/p2/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine/profileRegistry/SDKProfile.profile

I'm not sure how the director/mirror app handle this - they seem to be more
picky and have fewer heuristics. So I could imagine that in order to get it to
work, you might need to specify artifact and metadata repositories separately.
In that case, I would assume that the profile directory should work as the
metadata repo, while the Eclipse installation directory (or your bundle pool
location) would be your artifact repo. This is all guess work though, and I
didn't try it myself.

HTH,
Carsten