On Mon, 2017-06-26 at 12:33 +0000, Carsten Reckord wrote:
> In the IDE, this works directly: In "Install new software", you can use the
> P2 profile directory inside of another Eclipse installation as your
> repository location and install from there. E.g.
> <eclipse>/p2/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine/profileRegistry/SDKProfile.profile
> I'm not sure how the director/mirror app handle this - they seem to be more
> picky and have fewer heuristics. So I could imagine that in order to get it
> to work, you might need to specify artifact and metadata repositories
> separately. In that case, I would assume that the profile directory should
> work as the metadata repo, while the Eclipse installation directory (or your
> bundle pool location) would be your artifact repo. This is all guess work
> though, and I didn't try it myself.

If this is the case, then I would guess there should be an
IArtifactRepository implementation for an installation directory, or
simply some artifact repository that is "close enough" to handle the
format since it's not that different. I know that a profile .tar.gz
file can be parsed by some metadata repo implementation so there should
also be enough info in there to reconstruct where the files are
located.

For Fedora (https://github.com/rgrunber/fedoraproject-p2), we needed to
supply plain directories as part of the target platform that may or may
not have osgi bundles, but aren't p2 repositories, so we ended up
creating our own I{Metadata,Artifact}Repository implementations but
that's a little more generic than what you need.

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg