----[Please read http://ercoupers.com/disclaimer.htm before following any
advice in this forum.]----


The GA opponents would say:

It produces an intrusive amount of noise. It burns fossil fuels, not
only depleting our natural resources, but also adding to pollution and
the green house gases. It utilizes vital wildlife habitat. It is a "rich
man's" hobby, practiced by a relatively few Americans. And, like auto
racing, it serves no real purpose.

Now add to that the security "risk", and why wouldn't people oppose it?
Particularly if they don't fly?

But I think it's simpler than that. I think it's basically three types
of people who are anti-GA. Those who have not come to terms with their
own mortality and are afraid of the perceived threat, those who simply
don't understand the joy we find in flying and therefore don't believe
it should be permitted, and those who are opposed to the freedom that
flying represents.

This is why I've been saying, for a number of years, that groups like
AOPA & EAA will one day be looked upon like the NRA is now.

Mike


-----Original Message-----
From: Georgia Trehey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 

- I can't help but wonder about what is behind the
media's dogged determination to attack GA???  Possibly
I'm making it too complicated in trying to come up
with a complex theory.  It may be so simple as the
media's love for stirring up shit and terrorizing the
public.

Spook


==========================================================================
====
To leave this forum go to: http://ercoupers.com/lists.htm
Search the archives on http://escribe.com/aviation/coupers/


<<attachment: winmail.dat>>

Reply via email to