----[Please read http://ercoupers.com/disclaimer.htm before following any advice in this forum.]----
If anyone has a set that are not currently on a plane, and wouldn't mind parting with them temporarily, I'll gladly offer to measure them and make CAD drawings. And provide them, free of charge. I can supply them in a number of different CAD formats, as well as PDF. Mike Dean -----Original Message----- From: Bill DuCharme [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Friday, January 16, 2004 3:08 PM To: Pete Thomson; 'Hartmut Beil'; Social Ercoupe; Alon Aircoupe Aircoupe Subject: Re: [COUPERS-FLYIN] Re: Wheel pants design It would be pretty simple to make a set of these wheel wedges. They could be made out of metal or fiberglass since the design is so simple. The greater challenge is getting a few good photos of the linkage used to keep the wedges directly behind the wheel in flight and on the ground. This linkage would work much like the full wheel pants work. If we could track down someone that has a set of these and have him/her send us a few good pictures I'm betting I could make these relatively easily. They would be foam core with a fiberglass shell. Sounds like a fun winter project... Again, the linkage is the hard part. Anyone care to see if they can track someone down that has a set and would be willing to take a few pictures for us? We'd need both nose wheel and main gear photos. If there is demand beyond us three, I know a fabricator in California that will make molds for us. Then anyone could order a set of these from the molding company. I've ordered a lot of custom motorcycle parts this way and based on what I paid for these parts I'd estimate that the three wheel wedges would retail for about $250 give or take $50. They would likely come in white jell coat which makes them very easy to prep. for paint. Getting the FAA to sign off... that's another story... ========================================================================== ==== To leave this forum go to: http://ercoupers.com/lists.htm Search the archives on http://escribe.com/aviation/coupers/
<<attachment: winmail.dat>>
