----[Please read http://ercoupers.com/disclaimer.htm before following any
advice in this forum.]----



Greg,

Love your confrontation description.

About 17-18 years ago, after pulling to a stop outside the big WWII
hangar I shared with 7-9 other planes, I was getting out of my plane
when . . .

The fuel truck backed out of the hangar (he had been fueling a plane
inside).  He slowly turned right as he backed, while looking out his
left mirror.  He slowly backed straight into my right wing tip crumpling
it.

I was so outraged, I just stood there calmly.  After about ten seconds,
I calmly decided I had to let him know he had made a mistake.

Then, I ran around the plane and the truck and stood in front of the
truck.  I shouted about 110 decibels telling him about his intelligence,
ancestry, etc. and pounded on the hood of his truck for emphasis.

He got out of the truck and I told him to get the airport manager (also
the FBO) right [EMAIL PROTECTED] now!!  I chased him the first ten yards on his 
way.
He was pretty fast once he got going.

When the FBO/airport manager came out, he was unhappy I had terrorized
his fuel truck driver and had dented in the hood of his truck.  (Tiny
dent - bet I could push it out from the bottom.)

I smiled and said I'd happily pay for fixing the dent and asked when
would my wing be replaced.

He did replace my wing with one from Skyport, freshly covered and
painted.  And he didn't ask to be paid for the dent in the truck.

Ed Burkhead
http://edburkhead.com/
ed -at- edburkheadQQQ.com    (change -at- and remove the QQQ)




==========================================================================
====
To leave this forum go to: http://ercoupers.com/lists.htm
Search the archives on http://escribe.com/aviation/coupers/


<<attachment: winmail.dat>>

Reply via email to