----[Please read http://ercoupers.com/disclaimer.htm before following any advice in this forum.]----


Do you think we'll see a significant jump in Ercoupe prices if/when this passes??  Ercoupes might well become a hot commodity - only time will tell.
 
Tim
 
 
-----Original Message-----
From: John Barsness [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 1:06 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED];Subject: [COUPERS-FLYIN] Sport Pilot limit 1400 pounds???

----[Please read http://ercoupers.com/disclaimer.htm before following any advice in this forum.]----


I am no expert in this topic, and have not studied on it at all.  However, I talked to someone at Arlington who is very much "in the know", and has talked to high officials in FAA and EAA;  He told me that 1400 pounds is going to be the weight that will be the final number!  My flight instructor told me the same thing during my bi-annual.    I don't believe it either, but.......time will tell. 
 
Sgt. John Barsness
Boise Airport Police
3201 Airport Way
Boise, ID  83705
(208) 424-5620

>>> "Ed Burkhead" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 7/11/2004 4:04:23 PM >>>
----[Please read http://ercoupers.com/disclaimer.htm before following any advice in this forum.]----



This might be interesting to y'all.

I still wonder if the FAA accepted my proposal that any airplane
"characteristically incapable of spinning" should be allowed for Sport
even at gross weights and stall speeds higher than the limits for other
planes. Something so logical and reasonable, . . .  I cling to the hope
they listened - is there a chance?  Naw :( But it's so LOGICAL that
Coupes be allowed to be flown by Sport Pilots!

Maybe I'll find out in the next week or so.

Ed Burkhead
http://edburkhead.com/
ed -at- edburkheadQQQ.com    (change -at- and remove the QQQ)


-----Original Message-----
From: MasterKC
Sent: Sunday, July 11, 2004 3:15 PM
To: Sport Pilot Yahoo Group
Subject: Report from Arlington

Went to the Arlington Fly-In yesterday, and attended all the FAA and
EAA forums on SP/LSA.  I know they have been (over)confident in the
past, but this time they are almost giddy.  One person said they
wouldn't be surprised if it was already on Gail Blakey's desk.  Some
changes were hinted at: a very slight weight increase from 1232 lbs
(but not high enough that 140s would qualify), and a change in the 3
year phase out period for fat ULs.

They stressed that they didn't want to announce it at Oshkosh, but
they wanted Oshkosh to be the first training session, which would
require it to be announced before Oshkosh.

I work with Government agencies and industry organizations (not
related to aviation) so I have a pretty good understanding of the
work they are doing and the obstacles to creating a single new
standard.  I am VERY VERY impressed at the work the FAA has done on
SP/LSA, and they really deserve a lot of credit.


==============================================================================
To leave this forum go to: http://ercoupers.com/lists.htm
Search the archives on http://escribe.com/aviation/coupers/



==============================================================================
To leave this forum go to: http://ercoupers.com/lists.htm
Search the archives on http://escribe.com/aviation/coupers/



==============================================================================
To leave this forum go to: http://ercoupers.com/lists.htm
Search the archives on http://escribe.com/aviation/coupers/



Reply via email to