----[Please read http://ercoupers.com/disclaimer.htm before following any
advice in this forum.]----


Chris asked:
> Hey guys, one question.  The proposed language last I saw also
included
> "minimum steady flight speed"    How low can you guys hold the
airspeed in a
> full mush?

Chris,

I remember doing this test about 15 - 20 years ago.  Unfortunately, my
memory of the numbers is somewhat faded.

I *think* I got down to about 1900 rpm at about 65 mph.  Your mileage
*will* vary. (It's also load dependent.)

This number is worth knowing since it's also your speed of best
duration.  If caught above fog and the fog is clearing, this speed lets
you loiter the longest.  It's also a great speed if you're sightseeing
along on a perfectly smooth evening and have no place special to go
(except your nose is very high).

Ed Burkhead
http://edburkhead.com/
ed -at- edburkheadQQQ.com   (change -at- and remove the QQQ)




==========================================================================
====
To leave this forum go to: http://ercoupers.com/lists.htm
Search the archives on http://escribe.com/aviation/coupers/


<<attachment: winmail.dat>>

Reply via email to