Peter Hall wrote:
> I think the question being posed by the anti-let camp really is, given
> that on the surface both var and let do the same thing (declare a
> variable), does the choice 'let' help describe how those keywords
> differ in behaviour?
Exactly!
However I agree with Brendan about not bike-shedding too much.
Although I give this much more importance than he does, I do
think that we've discussed it enough for now. There are other
interesting topics on the table.
Except I just can't resist adding the following...
> David-Sarah Hopwood wrote:
>> It's not supposed to be related to plain English; it's supposed
>> to be related to mathematical English usage ("let x be ...").
In mathematical jargon, "let x be 5" does not mean "make x visible
only between these two braces."
In mathematical jargon it means "make x have the value 5".
--
Ingvar von Schoultz
_______________________________________________
Es-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss