Ingvar von Schoultz skrev:
> Mark S. Miller skrev:
>> On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 2:33 PM, Ingvar von Schoultz
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> and silent failures
>>> are often very expensive to debug.
>> I don't understand. As currently proposed, Object.freeze always
>> succeeds. What silent failure are you concerned about?
>
> If you set a property to non-configurable it means you don't
> want it reconfigured. If code is still allowed to change it
> from writable to non-writable, this is a silent failure of
> the guard against reconfiguring.

Another silent failure, much more expensive, is when you try
to write to non-writable properties. (And, apart from this,
also the related similar problem with constant variables).

I would really like to know the reason for this strange problem
with non-writable properties, and try to see if there's any way
a better solution can be found than this seriously expensive
language bug.

--
Ingvar von Schoultz