First of all, implementers, defenders, and everybody else will always read
slightly different things into any specification. If you want perfectly
identical behavior then you don't want a standard instead you want a single
universally used implementation.  That has its own problems---the word
"monoculture" comes to mind...

Like all engineering, building a good JavaScript implementation is a matter of
making trade-off among multiple dimensions of requirements and objectives.
Security is only one of these dimensions. Implementers must determine in the
context of their overall objectives and practical limitations the appropriate
balance of between security, performance, robustness, features, etc. If a
standard over specifies requirements along any of these dimensions those
requirements are likely to simply be ignored by implementations and hence are
self defeating from a standards perspective.

Allen