On Jun 24, 2009, at 12:08 PM, Christian Plesner Hansen wrote:

The second message in this thread, my first reply to your head-of- thread
message, said:

"Anyway, decimal is not being pushed into JS at this point. At the last face-to-face TC39 meeting, we changed direction to explore generalizing value type support (including operators and literals if we can) so that
libraries could add first class number-like types."

I am just as unsure of how to read that.  Does "at this point" mean
that it's off the table altogether for harmony or only that it's been
postponed until later in the process?

Why do you want a for-all-time declaration from me?

We can only focus on what's next. Our covenants the proscribe certain features are few: no ES4-style namespaces (Common Lisp packages), nor packages built on them.

If we standardize extensible value types and a decimal extension becomes so popular it should be part of the normative core language (as JSON is now, different kind of extension but same rationale for making it part of the normative core), then why would we not include decimal?