>>> Well, a "module system" is a language construct
>
> I not sure I agree with that characterization.  A Module is a "language
> construct" as it as specific syntactic element of the language. It is a
> specific thing that you have to learn about when you "learn" the language.

I was pretty imprecise, sorry. All I meant was that informally, people use the
phrase "module system" to describe the whole of the design. As in, everything.
Example: "We've been discussing lately the design of a module system on
es-discuss." Confusing to overload familiar terminology, esp. when it's in the
same space.

> Before we worry too much about the naming of new concepts perhaps we should
> try to identified the existing ambient concepts that need to be explicit and
> then add any new only that are needed to support new features.

Sure, we're painting the specification bikeshed. We will need to agree on terms
at least provisionally before long. But it can wait till there's content on the
wiki.

Dave