On 15.05.2010 19:22, Brendan Eich wrote:
On May 15, 2010, at 7:53 AM, David Herman wrote:
I wonder if you considered having an export list, rather than
tagging the individual exports? I think that makes it easier to
see/document the public API of a module. You could at the same time
allow renaming on export.
Yes, this is a good point. We chose inline-export for convenience,
but I don't see any reason not to allow both.
+1 on an export form that takes a list of already-declared names.
Besides, the variation with
export all; // or export "all";
can be considered. It can be useful for debug.
Or, simply -- to omit export statement. Thus, if there will be no local
export statement for some function, it means that all
functions/properties are exported. Although, it breaks the first design
where by default methods are private for a module.
Excluding:
export all except [intrinsic, builder]; // if we don't want to write 20
of 22 methods to be exported
Dmitry.
_______________________________________________
es-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss