On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 12:37 AM, Kam Kasravi <[email protected]> wrote:
> [kam] An example might be something like SVG.*Filter* where the importer was
> interested in retrieving only filter related features within a SVG module.
For this, I would rather let the exporter define named export lists,
so that there's better future proofing. I would hate to be the person
adding something to the SVG module knowing that there were a bunch of
regexps floating around the web that might cause me to clobber
something unexpected.
Given Foo.* meaning what it will, I suspect we would see people
writing exactly what you did above, and being surprised that they
didn't get what they wanted: they want globs, not regexps, for that.
("*Filter*" isn't even a legal regexp, so they'd get a compilation
error, but when you have to write SVG..*Filter.*, I think it gets to
be pretty unwieldy.)
Mike
_______________________________________________
es-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss