> d) If you're serious about suggesting lambda-JS as a basis (or starting 
> point, anyway) for future editions of ECMA-262, may I make a suggestion? Do a 
> proof-of-concept by taking the ES5 document and rewriting some of it in your 
> suggested style.

If I understand your suggestion right, this is exactly what's going on
here: http://github.com/arjunguha/ML-LambdaJS/blob/master/data/es5-lib.es5

In the repo Arjun pointed to
(http://github.com/arjunguha/ML-LambdaJS), there is:

1.  An updated LambdaJS for ES5, with an interpreter;
2.  An implementation of desugaring (elaboration) from JavaScript
source to ES5-LambdaJS;
3.  A start at writing down built-in objects and functions from the
specification in ES5-LambdaJS.

The implementation passes around 5-6% of the tests at
http://es5conform.codeplex.com/, predominantly those that test the
object model (e.g. Object.defineProperty,
Object.getOwnPropertyDescriptor).  We're on our way to implementing
more of the built-in objects' functionality.

We are serious about using LambdaJS to model real JavaScript, and
we're quite focused on getting the abstractions right at the levels of
semantics, libraries, and elaboration.  I'd love for people to check
out the implementation and give feedback on this and any other issues
as we move forward with it.

Joe
_______________________________________________
es-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss

Reply via email to