I wrote:
> As you know, I have avoided looking at this until the IPR situation was
> straightened out. Since it now seems to be, could you (or someone
> representing Ecma) repost this with a BSD license?
>
>
On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 2:08 PM, Allen Wirfs-Brock <
[email protected]> wrote:
> It’s just a document copyrighted by ecma that happens to mostly be code and
> is largely derivate from the ES5 spec. which is also copyrighted by Ecma.
> Paranoia about reading it is a matter between you and your lawyers.
>
Allen's response surprised me, as I thought we were now well past this
issue. My mistake. The ECMA CC has agreed, but it's not official until the
ECMA GA approves this decision at their June meeting. Hopefully, after the
June GA meeting, we will see this code reposted with a BSD license.
--
Cheers,
--MarkM
_______________________________________________
es-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss