On 2011-03-11, at 18:40, Charles Kendrick wrote:

>> "These developers" didn't take a "calculated risk". They saw it worked
>> with the implementations at the time and hoped it would be so in the
>> future.
>
> That is precisely the calculated risk they took.

FWIW, OpenLaszlo does not take that risk, because we want to work across many
platforms.  When we care about iteration order, we don't use Object.  What we
do use depends on the application:  Usually when we care about iteration order,
random access is not an issue, so we just use a "plist" (an array of
alternating keys and values).