On Apr 18, 2011, at 10:52 PM, Garrett Smith wrote:

>> [aside: it would be nice to know who the committee members
>>    are, and what the process is for starting an official proposal]
>>
> Who are the committee members?

Ecma TC39 members, a bunch of us self-identify here.

Ecma is a standards body, you pay for a voting (so-called "ordinary")
membership. It is not open to official proposals from non-members since
non-members are not bound by IPR covenants. (Don't shoot the messenger.)

As I keep saying, Haskell SI is not going to replace ASI since migrating code
changes meaning without error (early or runtime). Let's discuss here and
formalize something without such a migration hazard. There's no need to be
"official" until we have a design better in hand.