2011/7/7 David Herman <dher...@mozilla.com>

> 2011/7/6 Andreas Rossberg <rossb...@google.com>
>
>> While putting together some test cases for Object.keys, I wondered: is
>> it intended that property names are always passed to traps as strings?
>>

> That is indeed the intent.
>

> Unless they are private name objects, right?

I'm not sure. I briefly checked the private names proposal <
http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=harmony:private_name_objects> and I
think the detailed interaction with proxies still has to be fleshed out.

The proposal does mention: "All reflective operations that produce a
property name, when reflecting on a private name, produce the name’s .public
property instead of the name itself."

Would the same hold for reflective operations that consume property names,
such as handler traps?

Cheers,
Tom