It would also allow declarative non-integer own properties for arrays,
and arbitrary own properties to regular expressions, numbers,
booleans, and strings, though I can't think of any specific use cases
for those off of the top of my head.

Also, how about |> as opposed to <&, since it is a dual to <| adding
own rather than inherited properties?

Sean Eagan